My hubby and I had dinner at Buca at approximately 8:00 p.m. on 9/20/17.

When we walked in there was no hostess so we took seats and waited. After waiting a considerable amount of time, my husband asked the other guests who were waiting if they had been there long. They said, yes, 20 minutes. The restaurant was virtually empty so we were all having trouble comprehending the wait.

When the hostess did not appear I asked a server to get the manager. The manager appears and in a less than favorable tone told me that, "the restaurant had been hit hard this evening by several little league teams that had come in and by take out orders. I have two cooks and two servers and that's it." I asked if there was some reason we couldn't at least be seated. He said he was staggering the seating of guests so that the servers were not overloaded.

I thanked him and we waited. When the hostess showed up (she had been off busing tables and preparing to go orders, as was the manager), she seated the two other couples who were waiting. I asked if we could be seated as well. She was reluctant to do so but I insisted.

If you think this will fly in Scottsdale where there are so many restaurants to choose from, you are wrong. Staff the restaurant appropriately.

You can always send some cooks/servers home if it is slow. You took up my time and my money, but I will not be fooled again.

Review about: Buca Di Beppo Customer Care.

Comments

#1371994

Staff the restaurant appropriately? Gee, now why didn't the manager think of that?!!!

Do you realize in the restaurant industry (same with retail) you are dealing with people on vacation, people who have called in sick, people who are off and aren't answering their phones, people who weren't scheduled to work and have a life and aren't available to come in, people who are no shows with no explanation, people who quit on the spot, etc. Stuff happens, you know. If you didn't like the wait, you should have left. The manager explained to you they were very short on staff and yet you demanded to be seated anyway, which means you demanded to be waited on, even though it was explained, I'm sure in the simplest of terms, that they didn't want to overwhelm the staff they did have on hand.

YOU apparently need Buca di beppo, but Buca di beppo doesn't need YOU.

BTW: you submitted this same letter twice! Is that suppose to double the chances someone will care?