2.0
Cleanliness
Quality of Food
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Oct 24, 2017

Phone call follow up.

Update by user Oct 24, 2017

I called Buca and spoke with a Customer Service Manager who reviewed the photos and details of what I wrote to their website three times. The manager was very concerned that she was never apprised of the situation and said she would look into it. I am satisfied with the sincerity she conveyed and feel that this situation will be resolved.

Original review posted by user Jul 03, 2017

On 3/10/17 I took my mother-in-law to lunch. Buca is her favorite restaurant and the Chicken Marsala is favorite dish.

Her second favorite is the Manicotti. After the visit on 3/10 my mother-in-law did not want to return to your restaurant - ever! I was shocked but not surprised. She has been complaining about it since March and this is July!

After over a decade of eating and loving Buca - she is really turned off. Why? Because the food served was terrible and when we asked about the quality and condition of the food we were told that we were correct, the items were made incorrectly , but we were the only people to complain about the incorrectly made items all day (the kitchen was out of ingredients) so we must have a picky pallet. The chicken marsala was made WITHOUT WINE - talk about an oily, disgusting mess, and the manicotti was served COLD on a bed of barely any tomato sauce with over baked cheese and no sauce on top of the manicotti.

It looked like it had been left overs from a *** two bit diner. Absolutely nothing like the dishes we knew and loved. My mother-in-law was so insulted and upset that the kitchen tried to pass off this low quality mess on top of the fact the server called her picky she is now refusing to go to her once beloved dining spot! Yes, I have photos of the incorrectly made dishes.

Yes, I have a receipt. Yes, I know it is a long time to write but I honestly thought she would get over it and I did not need to write. Yes, the kitchen remade the chicken and warmed up the manicotti (but never gave us the tomato sauce we asked for) but no apologizes were ever offered!

No discounts were applied to this meal. We left feeling both taken tremendous advantage of and insulted for knowing what good food is supposed to taste like!

Product or Service Mentioned: Buca Di Beppo Chicken Marsala.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Food, Service, Attitude of staff, Dirty tables not bussed.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 03, 2017.

Comments

Tonight we were CARDED . Four of us ages 60-70.

If you don't show your ID you cannot order an alcoholic beverage .

Waitress visited and revisited our table 12 to 14 times while we were trying to eat .

Never going back. So humiliating .

to Kgroup #1409892

"Never going back.So humiliating"

It must be terrible to be old. I pray that when I hit your age that I'm able to let trivial stuff roll off my back.

Barring that, I think I'll stay home so I don't attempt to ruin the days of other people as a way to boost my waning self esteem.

I guess no one's allowed to have a crappy day in her world. Yes, Virginia. Even you're favorite restaurant is gonna screw it up every now and then.

to Doubting Thomas #1365627

Yep. But they should not have insulted the customer and they should have corrected the problem with the lack of sauce on the manicotti.